We are 60 days away from what will be the most important mid-term elections in our history to date. We have lots of work ahead, and knowledge being all powerful, Eagle Forum has, once again, stepped up with some excellent tools in order to help with this daunting task. This is Part II, and Part I is linked here.
Check it out...
Our Dying Constitution — and How to Revive It, II
Eagle Forum, by Virginia Armstrong, PhD - September 2, 2010
As the elections of 2010 loom closer, the politics of Barack Obama's reign are a swirling miasma in which many of the American electorate are caught up. But the most critical issue in this elections — as in American politics and law in general — is the continuous dying process of our venerable Constitution and how we can — MUST — revive it.
This situation is described so aptly by former U. S. Senator Sam Ervin that we repeat here his words as quoted in the opening of our last Court Watch study. In 1981, Ervin wrote that
The usurpation of this power [to amend the Constitution] by Supreme Court Justices does not prove that the Constitution is a living instrument of government. On the contrary, it proves that the Constitution is dead, and that the people of our land are being ruled by the transitory personal notions of Justices who occupy for a fleeting moment of history seats on the Supreme Court bench rather than by the enduring precepts of the Constitution. [emphasis added]
Today, we may correctly argue that the Constitution is not quite dead. It is also accurate to argue that the moribund condition of our basic document is indeed due to U.S. Supreme Court Justices, who interpret the Constitution, not according to its "enduring precepts," but according to their "transitory personal notions." And there is every reason to make these judicial death blows — and how to repel them effectively — the center of all our political/legal life.
- Make it a primary national priority to protect and promote the survival and health of the U.S. Constitution, and.
- Be armed to declare and defend the "Fundamental Four" — facts/talking points which advance our primary priority.
The "Fundamental Four" talking points are listed below:
T.P. #1: Any legal system (including that of the U.S.) can survive and thrive ONLY if it continues to be characterized by the three Cs — certainty, consistency, and continuity.
T.P. #2: Constitutionalist theory/Judeo-Christian worldview is the only approach to the Constitution which will protect and promote the three Cs in America's law and culture.
- A "worldview" is a depiction of reality; only the worldview approach adequately explains reality. A "worldview" consists of an orderly arrangement of inherent, interrelated components central to a particular worldview.
- A central component of a worldview is "constitutional theory," consisting of an organized system of core concepts.
- The Judeo-Christian worldview and the constitutionalist theory it encompasses manifest characteristics unique to this worldview and superior to any alternative.
T. P. #3: In America's current Culture War, the three Cs are being undermined by Humanists/Reconstructionists' war against Constitutionalists for control of America's Constitutional theory (principles). This fierce assault is most forcefully and clearly revealed in court decisions (products) concerning the specific issue areas of religious liberties, evolutionism v. creationism, life, and homosexual rights/marriage.
T. P. #4: Americans have the mandate — and the muscle — to fight more effectively to Revive the Constitution!
- Basic principles support the mandate.
- Specific plans exist for implementing the mandate.
EVERY AMERICAN PATRIOT SHOULD — AND CAN — UNDERSTAND AND EFFECTIVELY USE THESE POWERFUL TALKING POINTS TO REVIVE THE CONSTITUITON. SOUND INTIMIDATING? BLACKSTONE CAN HELP!
Available online or directly from the Blackstone Institute are educational weapons to start you on your mission. (Each of the following can be studied individually or in groups.) These weapons include:
- "Courting Justice Blitz": a spectacular 45" multi-media DVD and printed materials overviewing the battle to Revive the Constitution and the RTC Plan.
- "Blackstone Blitz": two 55" "whiz-bang" multi-media online presentations with printed materials arming you to attack Reconstructionism and defend Constitutionalism.
- "The Basic Blackstone": our "must-read" piece, included in each of the Blitzes (and available separately), and containing the new second edition of our premier "Constitutionalist Manifesto" and "Constitutionalist Papers".
- Our bombshell "Mega-Blitz": created by combining two Blitzes into a single study to be covered in four separate sessions, a four-hour workshop/seminar, etc.
JOIN US IN FIGHTING TO REVIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!